Study hall teacher shares insights, wedding plans

Kassidy Olsen, Academics Editor

MV’s students who take a study hall may have had Ms. Christy Prosise as their study hall teacher.

Ms. Prosise has been with MV for two years.

“I applied specifically for the study hall  and drivers ed position,” stated Ms. Prosise.

Ms.Prosise has a degree in marketing and worked in the marketing field before transferring to MV to be a study hall teacher.

Ms. Prosise was previously the marketing director for Byrd-Watson and the Medicine Shoppe pharmacies.  

“I have worked part time as the Marketing Director for Byrd-Watson Medical, The Medicine Shoppe and, most recently, for Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce,” stated Ms. Prosise.

Ms. Prosise switched from marketing to being a study hall teacher due to scheduling purposes.

“I moved from Marketing to MVTHS for my kid’s schedule.  I had to be off work by 3:45 pm to be able to pick my daughter, Macey up from school,” said Ms.Prosise.  

“I enjoy event planning.   I am a people person. I love to help others,” stated Ms. Prosise.

Ms. Prosise graduated from MV Class of 1991 at mvths.

Ms. Prosise was an active student at MV.

She ran cross-country, played tennis, and also ran track.

“I look back on some very fond memories here at MVTHS,” said Ms. Prosise.

Ms. Prosise is a mother of two, Her son Garrett graduated from MV last year. She also has a daughter, Macey, who is currently in 8th grade at Rome grade school.  

Ms. Prosise will be getting married to Keith Simpson on February 19.

I will be getting married on the beach February 19, 2019 at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  I actually had to go ahead and get married here at the courthouse because you cannot get married in the Dominican,” said Ms. Prosise.

She enjoys outdoors and sports.

“I enjoy all sports.  I really enjoy water skiing and snow skiing.  I love to be outside and rarely ever sit down,” stated Ms. Prosise.

“I love all of the students here at MVTHS.  They keep me young! I enjoy knowing what the students like to do on their free time and what kind of video games they are playing.  I feel as though I can relate to my students,” Said Ms. Prosise.