Freshman Rams defeat Fairfield in convincing fashion

Brogan Hollaway leads the Rams with 21 points

The freshman Rams walk off the floor for a timeout during their game against Fairfield.

Cam Meyer, Editor In-Chief

On February 8, the MV freshman Rams defeated the Fairfield Mules in a blowout win.

The final score was 64-41, and the Freshman Rams record now sits at 12-4, and they hold the second best record in the South 7.

“This win felt great. I was pleased with how hard we played and how we took away their best option offensively. We shot the ball well and that translated to some more energy on both ends of the floor,” asserted coach Zeke Light.

The Rams started out the game strong, and at the end of the first half, the Rams jumped out to a 31-18 lead.

Forward Blake Brown was the leading scorer for the Rams in the first half, as he scored all 8 of his points.

“We shot the ball well and it felt like a good win all around,” stated forward Blake Brown.

The Rams really caught fire at the start of the second half, where they managed to gain a 52-24 lead at just the end of the third quarter.

Forward Brogan Hollaway scored 16 of his 21 points in the third quarter alone, scoring 12 of those points on 3’s.

“I think I played well offensively and shot the ball well, but I couldn’t have done it without my teammates creating the shots for me,” stated forward Brogan Hollaway.

The Rams only allowed 10+ points to be scored twice, once in the 1st and once in the 4th, but then the Rams held on and scored 10+ in every quarter they played and only allowed one Fairfield player to score 10 or more points.

As the game was coming to a close, guard Bricky Doggan scored 5 of his 8 points in the 4th quarter.

“We can springboard this win into the final stretch. I feel like we are playing our best basketball of the year, and this game was very telling of that. We have a big next 5 days and this win proves what we are capable of,” assured Light.