Student Council welcomes back Mrs. Andrews

After a 12 year absence from the council, Andrews has returned to her role in the Council as Co-Advisor

Kolton Dudley, Staff Photographer

MV Student Council recently added a new Student Council co-advisor, Mrs. Melanie Andrews.

Mrs. Andrews served as the co-advisor of Student Council from 2003-2004 to 2009-2010 for seven years with Dr. VanZandt.

I served as co-advisor with Dr. VanZandt for seven years back in the early 2000s and left MVTHS in the summer of 2010,” Andrews stated. 

Several years later Mrs. Andrews made a return as the superintendent of MV and has now returned to being a co-advisor with Student Council. 

Mrs. Andrews also talked about how she is able to interact with students while serving as co-advisor. 

“As the superintendent, it is sometimes difficult to find ways to connect and interact with students, so serving as the co-advisor allows me an opportunity to directly work with students here at MVTHS,” Andrews said. 

Mrs. Andrews added that the council is doing an excellent job so far. 

“Everyone really has to hit the ground running as soon as school starts to plan Homecoming, and that has happened.  We sold a record amount of Homecoming sponsorships this year, and I expect a fantastic Homecoming week,” Andrews said. 

“It’s been 12 years since I was in this role.  It’s good to be back!” Andrews exclaimed.

MV is glad to have Mrs. Andrews back in Student Council.