Campus Visitor?

Campus+Visitor%3F

Kolton Dudley, Staff Photographer

During late summer, MV grounds keepers and operation staff were greeted by a loose pig on campus  near the Career Center.  

Operations staff were immediately involved in catching the pig minutes after it was reported.

Mrs. Melanie Andrews, Superintendent, stated,   “I don’t know the specific origin of the pig … through social media, I read some comments that it had wandered up from someone’s house who lived around MVTHS, but I am not 100% sure.”

Soon after the pig was spotted on campus Mr. Kyle Irwin, Operations Staff, was trying to corner the pig by the south tree line, but it didn’t take long for the pig to run out into a nearby field. 

MV grounds was not considered safe for Wilma

“My concern for Wanda and the public was that she would enter the roadway at Wells Bypass and cause an accident,” stated Mrs. Andrews.

Wilma didn’t seem to be very scared of humans. She didn’t show any signs of fear when she was surrounded by several people.

The animal shelter made an appearance to try to catch her but failed. Mrs. Andrews then said, “SRO Barton, the animal shelter, more MVTHS staff, and several passersby tried to catch her that day to no avail.”  

Wilma then prolonged her stay and returned to campus several times but the question is, how many days exactly did Wilma come back and forth to MV grounds? 

Mrs. Andrews stated, “ I believe Wilma roamed the grounds of MVTHS for 15 days.  She would venture into the neighboring field and even found herself at some houses a few times.  However, she always made her way back to campus.” 

But where is Wilma roaming now? 

“One of the women who saw her story on social media attempted to catch her on a few occasions.  Finally, on July 22, she was successful.  Wilma went home to live with a pig friend.  The last I knew she was living a life of luxury in the air conditioning surrounded by comfy blankets and all the scratches she wants,” added Mrs. Andrews. 

What did our students think of a loose pig?

Ryan Bendersky, 23’, stated, “Honestly I thought the news of a wild pig at the campus sounded crazy and straight out of a movie.”