Get to know the Vernois News

Vernois News introduces many new students to fill positions

Staff Report

The Vernois News has been a lasting tradition of MV, serving as a source of information and coverage of life on campus. The publication is run by students in both Principles of Media and Independent Study with Dr. Jamey VanZandt serving as advisor. 

The Vernois News staff includes a vast range of students who participate in various activities throughout the campus and community. 

Starting off the year, staff included three MV students. Ryan Bendersky, ‘23, Editor in Chief, is a member of robotics, chess team, and tennis. Jacqueline Wilson, ‘23, serves as Managing Editor. She is involved in the National Honors Society and golf. Cam Meyer, ‘25, Sports Editor and Director of Social Media, is an active member of Student Council, FBLA, and enjoys attending sporting events. 

As first semester progressed, the staff grew. The Vernois News has welcomed seven additional students who now occupy titles within the Vernois News. 

Madeline Fiedler,’26, has taken on the office of News Editor. Riley Young, ‘26, serves as Features Editor. Daphne McGhee, ‘26, Arts and Entertainment Editor. Alaina Maurer, ‘23, is the new Opinions Editor. Grace Mathews, ‘26, helps as a Social Media Co-Director alongside Cam. Alistair Clodi, ‘26, occupies the position of Blue Print Editor. Finally, Kolton Dudley, ‘23, serves as Staff Photographer. 

As you can see, there is a lot of youth within the staff. Hopefully, this will allow for growth in years to come. 

It is never too late to join the Vernois News team. Whether you wish to hold a position, or simply staff write, the Vernois News is a great opportunity to meet new students, improve your writing abilities, and share a voice for the student body. Contact Dr. VanZandt in C127 or C114 or any member of the staff at any time!